Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Motherhood

Isaiah 66:13 says -- As one whom his mother comforts, So I will comfort you. And, you will be comforted all over Jerusalem

Growing up I had many mothers in my life. Aunts, Cousins, Neighbors, Teachers -- were always mothering me. I learned something from each of them (cross your legs, stand up straight, say please and thank you). Being an older Mom -- I thought long and hard about the type of mother that I wanted to be.  My cousin would say thats the "Virgo" in me. Always planning and always thinking!
I recall a conversation with my OB years ago. I told her my baby had to be born in September (so we could be Virgos) and have a hebrew name. She laughed and said that I would teach my baby many things and that he would teach me to be patient. Well, he was born Oct. 1 as a Libra, ha, ha. In fact, Mothering HAS taught me to be patient. I parent via text, via phone, and via discipline and with patience. My greatest reward is that my sons honor God and treat others with dignity and respect. My greatest fear is that someone will disrespect them. All else can be fixed, changed

My friends always comments that I'm a "good mom, good mom!" My sister says "I'm a good mom -- given my limited resources." But, honestly, I don't feel extraordinary. I stress education, family and God  because knowledge is power and the cost of a limited education can hurt us all.

This is my cousin Caroline. Caroline is outstanding  mom. We both learned from our parent's you do not need to spend the most money to teach your kids basic life skills. Quality time is essential. Last week Caroline's son  David wrote a blog talking about his life skills he learned from Perdue University. David stated management of money , time and respect was important. Daniel,David and Jason Luv you!

Motherhood is the most important job in the world. Labor really begins at birth until young adulthood.


As a random act of kindness hug a mother that you come in contact with today! Be a blessing -- give a blessing of wisdom to a young mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment