Friday, August 29, 2014

After God

Eilene and Morgan






  Acts 17:28-29New International Version (NIV)
28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[a] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[b]

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill.
After God what is next?  Family.  We develop our basic  social skills from our families as children. In my home we were expected to go to school ,attend church on Sunday and sing in the choir and perform community service.   I learned to care, give and respect from my Parents.   My mom was always helping someone. When  my grandparents lived with us we took care of each other.  As a teenager while my dad was ill we took care of him at home  until he passed away.  That is what family's do.

  I am speaking on this subject because this week is about family and  how we interact with each other can impact our children's academic and social development.  The Daniels family was not perfect some dysfunctional.  But  most of us are very spiritual.  That's why today we know how to care and check on each other. I mention care.. Clothing and feeding your children is not enough in our society today.  

As a random act of kindness make this Labor Day weekend a Labor of love. Check on what is your family thinking.  Be a Blessing give a Blessing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment